Interkulturní dialog v Evropě - výzva Evropské komise k zasílání podnětů a nápadů
Evropská komise zveřejnila Call for Ideas na podporu mezikulturního dialogu v Evropě, který se má konat v roce 2008. Komise si uvědomuje, že úspěch této akce závisí na nápadech, zkušenostech a představivosti jednotlivých občanů a proto se rozhodla adresovat tuto výzvu občanské společnosti a dalším zainteresovaným stranám. Tento proces by měl definovat pravidla pro následnou výzvu k podání projektů, která bude vydaná v roce 2007 v rámci Roku mezikulturního dialogu. Své podněty zasílejte co nejdříve, nejpozději však do 13. října 2006.
Contribute to the "Call for ideas"!
The European Commission is launching a "Call for ideas" for promoting intercultural dialogue in Europe.
2008 must be the year of every single citizen. Its success will rely on the ideas, experience and imagination of the citizens. This is the reason why the European Commission has decided to launch a call for ideas addressed to civil society and all other interested parties. This process will enable the Commission to define guidelines for future calls for proposals, which will be published in 2007, in the framework of the Year of Intercultural Dialogue.
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION IS LAUNCHING
A “CALL FOR IDEAS” FOR PROMOTING INTERCULTURAL DIALOGUE IN EUROPE
The existence of a structured and thoroughgoing intercultural dialogue involving both the national, regional and local authorities and the public at large is vital for the European Union. Nowadays we are living in a world of increasing cultural diversity resulting from the successive enlargements of the Union, the increased mobility afforded by the Single Market, past and current migration, and finally the exponential rise in trade with the rest of the world.
Cultural differences include all the various aspects of the cultural identities of individuals: geographical origins, ethnicity, languages, social and educational backgrounds, and religious or philosophical beliefs, including agnosticism. There must be dialogue across these boundaries and everyone living in the European Union must contribute towards turning our multicultural societies into intercultural societies.
THE ROLE OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
The European Commission therefore proposes that 2008 be declared “European Year of Intercultural Dialogue”. While this dialogue has already been given priority in a large number of its policies and instruments, the process now needs infinitely more breadth and visibility. This is the aim of the Year of Intercultural Dialogue: to alert all the people living in the European Union to the fact that dialogue represents a prerequisite for living in, and benefiting from, an increasingly multicultural environment. This initiative will concentrate on intercultural dialogue wherever it could contribute to improved day to day coexistence. The activities conducted in connection with the initiative will be aimed in particular at young people. These activities should mobilise civil society and its various operators at European, national and local levels and involve, directly or indirectly, as many people as possible. In order to achieve this, the Commission will need ideas and partners.
IDEAS AND PARTNERS
For 2008, the Commission is planning:
• information and promotion campaigns, which are vital for any action aimed at raising public awareness. These campaigns will be coordinated at Community level and should be based in particular on experience and good practice in the field, and tailored to the situations in the different Member States;
• a small number of European scale keynote activities illustrating the various facettes of and approaches to intercultural dialogue;
• initiatives at national level proposed by the bodies responsible for coordination in the Member States.
At this stage, however, the Commission wants to form a picture of the situation by collecting the ideas of all the partners that might be involved in the 2008 initiative with a view to:
• identifying civil society’s expectations as regards the Year of Intercultural Dialogue in order to gear future calls for proposals likely to receive subsidies and to determine what should be covered by the information campaign aimed at the general public;
• identifying similar or complementary ideas for initiatives in order to establish contacts and possibly partnerships between the promoters of projects.
The ideas put forward by interested partners will concern the following three fundamental questions for preparing the Year of Intercultural Dialogue:
• A) How can one contribute towards identifying, evaluating, developing and exchanging projects, experience and good practice in intercultural dialogue on a European scale?
• B) What information and communication initiatives could contribute towards involving all European Union residents, and particularly young people, in the promotion of intercultural dialogue in day to day life (e.g. schools and other places of education, sporting and cultural activities, the workplace, etc.) and familiarising them with it?
• C) What specific European scale initiatives likely to reach, directly or indirectly, as many people in the European Union as possible – and particularly young people – could contribute towards promoting intercultural dialogue?
These questions concern not only the lessons and results drawn from earlier or ongoing initiatives, but also new suggestions for 2008 or beyond. They also concern questions of approach and methodology and ideas for the development of specific projects.
In order to simplify the processing of contributions, we would ask you to use the form on line.
In order to facilitate the processing and circulation of ideas, we would prefer contributions to be submitted in English or French. The contributions will be published on the site in their original language. Unless the contributor explicitly withholds permission, the Commission will publish, in their entirety, the contributions received.
Technical problems should be sent by e mail to the following adress:
The closing date for submitting contributions is 13 October 2006. We would encourage you, however, to send in your replies as soon as possible.
Další informace včetně formuláře: