Kamiyama rezidenční pobyt v oblasti visual arts
Kamiyama Artist in Residence
Creating "Kamiyama International Cultural Village" www.in-kamiyama.jp/en/art/6482
Creating "Kamiyama International Cultural Village" is the main purpose behind the KAIR Project. Our hope is that the artists will produce works full of originality, influenced by the experience of spending time amidst the timeless nature of Kamiyama, deep in the Japanese countryside, and inspiration from interacting with the friendly local people.
Period of Program
August 19 - November 7, 2010
Number of invited artists
To apply for the program, applicant must:
- be involved with painting, drawing, sculpture, installation, land art and other art making. Grants are
not made in the disciplines of performance art or production art.
- be able to be independent and capable of working and living on one's own.
- be able to produce at least of one piece of art and give a presentation of works including display and withdrawal for oneself within the period.
- understand the purpose of one's visit to KAIR, and be able to present over 4/5 of period of our program in Kamiyama.
- be able to lead community life with other artists on the program and to communicate with local people including the exchange program.
- be able to speak and understand either English or Japanese daily conversation.
- be in good health
How to Apply:
The Kamiyama Artist in Residence Committee
132 Jinryo Aza Nakazu, Kamiyama-cho Myozai-gun